Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blogging? Heck Yes!

Hi. My name is Lauren and I'm 21 years old. I am severely overweight. It has been an ongoing battle ever since i can remember. I've talked about losing weight forever, and the talk is easy. You can say anything you want, but actually doing it, making it a reality is something Ive never been able to do, until now.
Since setting my goals, and becoming determined to get healthy i have lost a grand total of 25 pounds. Most people would be proud of that. I'm not really. I'm embarrassed i let myself get like this, and i refuse to stop until i get to where i need to be.
My support system for weight loss, isn't exactly what you would call large. My family, sure of course they want whats best for me, but managing their weight isn't exactly a priority. My biggest supporter, and my biggest inspiration comes from my best friend Rachael. She has struggled with her weight throughout most of her life and shes lost weight, how much I'm not sure, but a lot, and she looks great.
I don't want to diet. I want to change my whole lifestyle, and for me that is what this blog is about. I doubt people will read it, and that's fine with me. This is more for me than anything. Its somewhere i can come back on my bad days and see that Ive had good days, and that i can do anything, as long as I'm serious and try. Applying it and sticking with it are going to be tough but for once i really feel like i can do this, i feel excited about the future and getting healthy.
This is my life, my struggles, my accomplishments, everything.



this is my reality. but thank god, not for that much longer.

Lauren =]

3 comments:

  1. Your a inspiration for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Thanks for visiting our blog and becoming a follower today, it's so nice to meet you.

    First step is telling the world you're going to do it this time! But you have to do it for you and your health and well being. Easier said than done I know.

    I'm with you every step of the way. I believe that you can do it!!
    What plan do you have in place? What kinds of foods are you eating? What exercises are you doing?

    You're still young, do this while your body still reacts rapidly to change. I'll be 40 in February and I'm finding it harder and harder to get this ol' butt in shape! hahaha

    I look forward to joining you on your journey, if you ever need anything, do not hesitate to ask me. I'm here for you, as part of your support team...add me to the list!

    Love your blog by the way, too cute!

    xoxo
    Roxie
    www.cutebycomparison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25lbs!!!! Doll, that is amazing!!! Good for you!!! You are going to do so amazing!!! :D Can't wait to read some more posts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete