Thursday, October 7, 2010

Simplicity

Life's little simple pleasures are wayy too often overlooked i think. today I've tried to stop and take in the little things that just make me smile.
By even acknowledging them i have found that even on a day where i feel like crap, I've had a wonderful morning.
I decided to make a list of some of my most treasured simple pleasures.
1. Singing in the shower, loudly.
2. An uncluttered room.
3. Reminiscing About Old Times with Your Closest Friends
4. Dancing like you’re crazy.
5. Watching the sunrise.
6. Taking a long, relaxing shower.
7. Hearing the Right Song at the Right Moment
8. Realizing You Have More Time to Sleep
9. Making the Yellow Light
10. Finding Money You Didn’t Know You Had
11. The Feeling After a Healthy Workout
12. Making Someone Smile
13. Watching the ocean
14. Crying because you're so happy
15. A brand new pair of socks.
16. Laughing so hard until you cry.
17. Checking something off your to-do list.
18. Finding something you were planning to buy, on sale
19. The smell of fall.
20. That childhood movie that you've had for years and can recite every line
21. Thunderstorms
22. A fresh snow
23. Swinging on a swing
24. A good hair day.
25. Your dog excitedly greeting you after a long day of work.
26. Touching the tiny fingers and toes of a newborn baby.
27. Reading a good book.
28. A nature hike.
29. Laying back and looking up at clouds.
30. Walking barefoot in grass.

I encourage you to stop and "smell the roses".

Also, today Ive been reading up on yoga.. i like the idea of it, but id wait till i was much smaller to try to start it. No one wants to see all this doing the Downward Facing Dog, Garland Pose or the Standing Straddle Forward Bend. Maybe I'll get a video or something and try it at home when I'm alone? haha.
Right now i just feel like i need to simplify my life. I'm making all these awesome life changing decisions, deciding to get real about losing weight, going back to school, gaining more maturity about becoming fiscally responsible, starting to love myself, and deciding to get over a failed relationship and get on with my life knowing I'll find love again. All this awesome self awareness, and positive changes and i still feel as if there is so much clutter to my life. I hate to be so radical but i think I'm just going to start chucking things, a spring cleaning if you will.
Last but not least. I have decided when i reach my goal weight what i will reward myself with. (is it sad I'm already thinking about this?) Obviously a new wardrobe will be accumulated all along, but what i really really want to do is take ballroom dancing lessons. I am in love with the Show Dancing with the stars and Mark Ballas, sooo i would loooove to be able to learn how to dance like that. yayy!


Lauren. =]

2 comments:

  1. Just reading the things that made you smile... TOTALLY had me smiling! (I know EVERY line to Disney's Beauty and the Beast!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm Rachel! New reader. About ballroom dancing, I'm a ballroom dancer, on the team at my college and it is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Definitely go for it and do it before you reach your goal weight! It's not only something awesome, but it also burns tons of calories. If you want to save it, that's cool, but don't think that you can't, because you're overweight. I'm here to tell you that you can.

    ReplyDelete